Cooking healthy meals for your family can be easy! Follow these 5 tips and your family will be sure to eat all your healthy meals without realizing how good the meal is for them.
1) Start your meal with low-fat soup or salad. These will help fill you up.
2) Adding a whole grain, such as brown rice, barley, or bulgur to your dinner, adds important nutrients as well as interesting flavors and textures.
3) Pasta mixed with a small amount of poultry, seafood, or meat makes a very filling meal that is lower in fat than a dinner consisting of all meat.
4) Remember that carbohydrates have fewer calories than fats. It is generally not the potatoes that cause weight gain. Rather, it is the fat that is spread on them.
5) For added vitamins, minerals, and fiber, try serving smaller portions of your protein and larger portions of vegetables.