Low in fat, high in fiber, and loaded with vitamins and minerals, vegetables are virtual powerhouses of nutrition. With health professionals recommending that vegetables play a major role in our daily meals. It is wise to include a wide variety of vegetables in your diet. Here are 5 veggie taste tips to help your veggies taste even better!
1. For best flavor and nutritional value, cook vegetables just until tender-crisp.
2. Use spices to enhance the flavor of your vegetables.
3. Try steaming fresh or frozen vegetables (in a rack over boiling water) so the flavor won’t be lost in the cooking water.
4. Try onion powder on cooked green vegetables.
5. When sautéing vegetables, start with a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet; then add water or broth as needed to prevent vegetables from drying.